There are often times we need to be able to record phone calls, perhaps for business purposes. We looked at an app that could do this before called Phone Tap, made by the developer of HUB++. It has been going through some changes in the UI and has recently had a new feature added - Call blocking. This has also prompted a new name for the app - Phone Tap - Call Blocker, to reflect the change. It should be noted that there certain laws in some countries which prohibit the recording of phone calls and because of this it's not available in all countries.
Here's a list of of the changes in the latest update as well as since our review
- Time based Call blocking is now included with Phone Tap, thus users need to have one headless app for both call recording and blocking feature
- Major UI Changes
- The app is now called "Phone Tap - Call Blocker" to reflect the new capability
- Icon changed to reflect the app's new blocking feature
- Ability to choose storage location to be Device vs. Media Card
- Displays call duration on the record detail/edit page
The app is currently being worked on in preparation for OS 10.3 since it brings new APIs to the mix. Phone Tap is available for BlackBerry 10 devices but as I said, it may not be available in all regions. Phone Tap - Call Blocker is usually priced at $2.99 but is currently on sale for $1.99.