Official F1 2012 Live Timing and Track Positioning app now available for the BlackBerry PlayBook!
on 10 May 2012 05:47 pm EDT
Time to rev up your BlackBerry PlayBook Formula 1 fans! The Official F1 2012 Live Timing and Track Positioning app has now arrived for the BlackBerry PlayBook and is available for download from BlackBerry App World. Rather than just a port of the Android or iOS version, BlackBerry PlayBook owners will be getting a native application and it's packed with features:
- Real Time Track Positioning - Displayed on our dynamic and interactive map. You can see the position of every F1 driver on the track at the same time. See the gaps and pit stops as never before!
- Follow Your Favourite Forumla 1 Drivers - Selecting a driver switches the camera to follow that selected driver around the race track. Watch as they battle for position!
- Live Timing Data - Timing data is streamed direct from Formula One Management's technical centre at the race track to the palm of your hand. With multiple timing screens including sectors, gaps and speeds. Watch the sessions like the engineers on the pitwall!
- Live Leaderboards - Combined with live timing data, scrollable leaderboards display a wealth of data.
- Download Race Packs - Download race packs after the event to watch the sessions again and again. Perfect for tape delayed broadcast!
- Live Text Commentary - Lap by lap live text commentary keeps you updated while the action unfolds.
- Event Counter & Notifications - A new enhanced Infobase with an event countdown that shows the time to the next session and informs when a session is live. Optional notifications alert you when sessions are approaching.
- Keep Up To Date - Easily access a wealth of information with latest drivers and teams stats, race information, standings and latest results.
- Complete Formula One Access - Experience each and every Formula One Grand Prix session via the live timing & track positioning feed in the palm of your hand.
Just like the BlackBerry version, it is a paid app that will set you back $20 but it's a must-have for fans looking to get the most Formula 1 content available on the go. Need to see more before you jump in? Jump below to have a look at some more screenshots from the app on the PlayBook. Now all we need is that Ferrari BlackBerry PlayBook.
Purchase the Official F1 2012 Live Timing and Track Positioning App