Nutty Player from Macadamian takes your video watching experience on BlackBerry 10 to another level
on 28 Nov 2013 06:50 pm
For most folks, the built-in BlackBerry 10 video player works fine but for those who are looking to get a bit more features added into the video player there's Nutty Player. Although the app has been around for a while now, I only recently decided to give it a look in and I have to say I'm quite pleased with it considering it's available as a free download. While maintaining a lot of the features from the stock video player, Nutty Player takes your video watching experience on BlackBerry 10 to another level.
- Supported formats: - .avi .mp4 .3gp*.3g2 .wmv .mov .m4v .f4v
- Touch Gestures: Pinch to zoom to customize the screen area - jump backward and forward via sliding left and right on the screen - play/pause via tapping on the middle area of the screen - volume adjustment by up/down sliding on the screen
- Advanced time slide bar: Ability to precisely seek the desired position of a video - bookmark to recover last video session end position
- Subtitles: Automatically loads subtitles in .srt format with same name as the video file
- Outputs: HDMI and Miracast enabled on supported devices.
My favorite is the touch gestures they've included. While they do take some time to get used to using them, they make skipping through videos quite easy and the volume adjustment without having to touch any buttons is just plain awesome. Other features include the ability to add videos to a favorites list and a cool watched video video indicator that allows you to easily identify what you've watched already. It's not often I watch stored videos on my device but Nutty Player certainly helps when I do.
Learn more / Download Nutty Player