If you've used the CIBC Mobile Payment App in the past, then you already know it's a great way to pay for everyday things with your BlackBerry rather than needing to use your physical CIBC credit card. The app was previously only available on the BlackBerry Bold 9900 but now it has made to the transition to BlackBerry 10 and more specifically, the BlackBerry Z10.
CIBC Mobile Payment App features include:
- Pay for credit card purchases up to $50 - Accepted at thousands of participating locations in Canada and abroad. Just look for the contactless symbol at checkout.
- Ability to lock the CIBC Mobile Payment App with an optional passcode
- Cardholder protection for unauthorized transactions*
- Trusted encryption technology to store your credit card on the chip in your smartphone
- Track your mobile purchases on your CIBC credit card statement, or through online or mobile banking
- Accumulate rewards with a CIBC rewards credit card
Keep in mind, you need to have a Rogers account in order to make full use of the app and additionally, you also need to have a NFC enabled Suretap SIM card from Rogers. We're seeing a lot of negative reviews on the app stating it's not working because of errors when really, it's not an error. It's folks trying to use the app without the proper SIM card in their device. In any case, the app is available right now in BlackBerry World.