MyMileageGenie just popped up in the ShopCrackBerry.com software store, and it appears to be a goodie for anybody who needs to track their mileage on a regular basis. If you have a GPS-enabled BlackBerry the application allows you to easily "Punch In" and "Punch Out" with your distances calculated automatically. SWEET. Here's the official word:
Mobile professionals, who rely on using their personal automobiles for business, know all to well the pain associated with having to track their mileage and complete their "Expense Reports". MyMileageGenie promises to simplify tracking, and creating expense reports related to automobile use.
MyMileageGenie is the FIRST Blackberry application to truly automate mileage tracking in North America. The application uses the GPS built into the Blackberry SmartPhone to keep track of your mileage. All you have to do is "Punch In" at the beginning of the day and "Punch Out" at the end of the day. Presto, you have simple logging of business travel (miles or kilometers) and simplified expense reporting. Eliminate having to fuss with old paper logs or spreadsheets. Features include:
Priced at $59.95, MyMileageGenie is definitely not the cheapest BlackBerry app out there. But a Free Trial is available so you can take it for a test drive (literally!) before you buy. If you give it a go, be sure to report back in the comments and let everyone know what you think!
- Support for all Java BlackBerry models, both BES and BIS.
- Project based accounting allows you to easily manage multiple projects or expense categories, your mileage for work, your mileage the rental propert, or your mileage for when volunteering.
- Easily create, edit, delete, and report on each of the projects you are working on.
- Manual or automatic registration of time with comments and descriptions.
- Manual or automatic registration of traveled distances (mileage tracking).
- Inexpensive Location tracking solution if the GPS sending feature is enabled.
- Support for standard descriptions, to allow more efficient data entry.
- Support for multiple currencies.
- Support for imperial and metric systems.