One of my favorite BlackBerry apps has just got an update. I love developers who bring great apps to the BlackBerry 10 platform. I love then even more when they're responsive to their users. The ReadItNow developer is just that. Updates are also coming thick and fast, with constant improvements and new features each time. It really is a must have for any Pocket user.
What's new in v6.2.0?
- NEW: added text-to-speech (TTS) via SayIt!
- NEW: added support for TinyURL!
- IMPROVED: link handling inside articles
- IMPROVED: article loading is more responsive
- IMPROVED: downloading of images/thumbnails
- IMPROVED: new app cover for the Z30
- IMPROVED: better scrolling performance in list / grid
- FIXED: no more sporadic black screen after marking some articles as (un)read
- FIXED: no more showing welcome tutorial after first sync in some cases
- FIXED: hopefully better detection of failed downloaded articles, should not stuck sync process anymore
- FIXED: hopefully loading huge articles do not crash the app anymore
If you don't know what ReadItNow is, it is a third party Pocket client. Pocket was formerly known as Read It Later and allows you to save any articles for later reading. Very handy when you're too busy to immerse yourself into an interesting story. Just save it to read later. I use it multiple times per day. It may even be my most top used tool on my BlackBerry device.