QNX and Qualcomm Snapdragon Automotive Solutions to demo the QNX CAR Platform at MWC
on 24 Feb 2014 02:28 am
Back during CES, QNX and Qualcomm announced the first In-car Infotainment system powered by Snapdragon Automotive Solutions and with that event over, it's onto Mobile World Congress where there will be a full on demo of the new Qualcomm Snapdragon Automotive Solutions/QNX CAR Platform happening.
At MWC 2014, you’ll experience an in-car demonstration of the QNX CAR Platform for Infotainment and HLOS (high-level operating system), running on Snapdragon Automotive Solutions and featuring a digital instrument cluster and multimedia head unit. Highlights will include:
- 3D navigation with points of interest and voice prompts
- Advanced multimedia streaming
- Flexible multi-modal user experience
- HD video decoding capabilities
- Smartphone-to-vehicle integration over USB and Wi-Fi
- Automatic speech recognition for hands-free calls and navigation.
- Over-the-air software updates over LTE
- Reconfigurable digital instrument cluster and more
We've got folks on the ground in Barcelona so we'll be bringing all the best from there, in the meantime though if you're wanting more QNX info be sure to check out our walkthrough piece, In the driver's seat with QNX at CES 2014.