The new BlackBerry Vendor Portal is now live for developers
on 22 Jul 2014 03:29 pm EDT
After a rather lengthy round of beta testing, BlackBerry has now pulled the covers off their new BlackBerry Vendor Portal for developers. The site was long overdue for a makeover, so a lot has been improved and changed for the better. The focus was to emphasize the user experience on the whole, so here's what you can expect if you're a developer and have not yet had access to it.
- New UI look and feel
- Streamlined process for submitting apps
- Simplified management of screenshots and images
- Promotion codes
- License type management: switch from free to paid
- Enhanced reports: more detailed and specific for downloads, purchases or subscriptions
- Reports for customer reviews
- Both preconfigured and custom charts for apps and promotions
Having a developer account myself, I logged in and saw the changes and while they look great BlackBerry is also aware it may take a bit of getting used to for some folks. Knowing that, they've kept the old BlackBerry Vendor Portal alive as well and it will remain active for some time yet.
BlackBerry also notes the services are aligned, so any changes you make on either the new or old version will be reflected across the board. Are you developer? If so, login and let us know what you think of the changes.