The 60 Day Fitness Challenge Begins July 1st! Read all about it below!!!
Time for another CrackBerry contest.... but this one is a little bit (ok, a LOT) different!
Introducing the first-ever BlackBerry Fitness Challenge! CrackBerry has teamed up with Gym Technik and for 60 days we're going to focus on using your BlackBerry to help you get in shape and stay in shape. We've got different ways to win and tons of awesome prizes up for grabs, so just keep reading for all the details. The contest officially begins July 1st, so you have a couple days to think on it and get prepped. And while yours truly can't technically win any prizes, I'm really gunning to win the community vote for best before/after transformation, SO THIS THING IS ON!
Whether you're a fitness junkie, a health nut, or more like me and aspiring to drop a few pounds and get a little leaner (and need an excuse to make sure you don't eat/drink too much or get lazy on the workouts this summer), then this fitness challenge is for you. As long as you have a BlackBerry, you can take part. Keep reading for all the details. I hope to see LOTS of members of CrackBerry Nation get involved. BRING IT!
60 Day Fitness Challenge Contest Rules and Details
Transformation Summer Challenge - Enter the CrackBerry & Gym Technik fitness challenge and transform your body in 60 days
Gym Technik and CrackBerry are teaming up to get BlackBerry owners to be the fittest group of Smartphone owners around. This first of it's kind 60 day fitness challenge is open to all BlackBerry owners, who want to push themselves to look their best this summer, and win or lose, we'll all win at the end. But to make it more exciting and competitive, we have some great prizes to give away at the end of the contest for those who really commit.
To be eligible, you need to have a Gym Technik account, and track your workouts and body weight on Gym Technik. Gym Technik is the Online and BlackBerry fitness app which we've covered many times in the past. The site allows you to setup workout routines for yourself, and follow and track the workouts when you hit the gym. You can track your workouts using their native BlackBerry app, or using their mobile website. To use the app, you'll need a Gym Technik premium account, which you get a 30 day free trial of when you register. And these guys believe ‘the more the merrier', and they'd like this contest getting competitive. So to help out they've announced that they will give 40% off their annual premium subscription for all who sign up and join the fun during this 60 day contest period. If you still don't want to pay for the app after your trial, you can still track for free and be a part of the contest by using their mobile website. The promo code you will need to use when you upgrade at their store is cbsummerchallenge. I can't say I've ever seen them give away their premium at this much of a discount, and at little more than 2 bucks a month, this is a great value (note: discount applicable for new premium sign ups only).
Here's how you get started
- If you don't have an account, sign up free at www.gymtechnik.com
- Setup your workouts Online by building your own, or by grabbing from their library
- Schedule your workouts on the Gym Technik calendar
- Link your Gym Technik account to your Twitter account (This one's important to be eligible for prizes)
- Login to the Online site, and navigate to My Account > Share/Link
- Download the app to your BlackBerry by pointing your BlackBerry browser to http://get.gymtechnik.com
- Start working out! Track your workouts and body weight progress and follow the rules below to stay eligible. Contest officially begins on July 1st, 2010 and ends 60 days later on Sunday, August 29th at midnight PST.
Here's how you take part in the contest and the prizes
- When you finish your workout, the app/site will ask you "How you feel". Type whatever you want, but it needs to start with the hashtag #blackberryfitchallenge. This will then automatically update your Twitter status. (Note: you need to link your Gym Technik account with Twitter for this to happen)
- At the end of the 60 days, we'll query all the #blackberryfitchallenge tweets from Twitter, and randomly pick a winner
Contest Winner #2:
- At the end of the 60 days, we'll query all the #blackberryfitchallenge tweets from Twitter and create a leader board. The winner will be person at spot #1, so the person who has the most tweets (ie. Most workouts)
Contest Winner #3:
- Best before/after picture. To participate in this, take a picture of yourself on your "start day" and upload it to Gym Technik. In this before photo, you need to make sure you're holding your BlackBerry up so we can see the date on your BB home screen (or else a newspaper that shows the date of entry). And finally at the end of the contest, when we ask for photo submissions you can simply grab the photos from Gym Technik and submit to CB (we'll post details then). CB nation will vote on the most dramatic before/after. This one's optional... If you don't want to participate, just don't submit after your photo to CB. But you can still upload to GT for your own vanity.
- Extra Instructions: You'll have until July 15th to submit your "before" photo to GymTechnik. Ideally you'll want to submit it on July 1st so you have the full 60 days to train hard. After you have submitted it via the GymTechnik app, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject "crackberry" and let them know your username. We'd like to keep close contact with those who are really taking this event seriously (maybe we'll get a little BBM support Group going!).
- Option for non Gym Technik/Twitter users: If you want to participate in the event but are not on twitter and don't want to give Gym Technik a try, you can simply email your before / after photos in to email@example.com, with a subject of crackberry. Be sure to attach your photo and make sure that date is clear.