We first took a look at the UK rail application myTrains back when BlackBerry 10 was pretty much released. The app from mxData now has a free version in BlackBerry World, so if you are in the UK and use the rail services, this one is a must have download.
Although I don't use the train all that often myTrains has remained on my BlackBerry since day one as it's so easy to plan your train journey in advance. To be honest, I can't actually work out what the difference is between the free version and the Pro one - so if you do, feel free to sound off in the comments.
Features of the app include:
- Return and outbound journey information displayed in one view.
- Select your preferred route and when you would like to go and let myTrains do the rest!
- Quickly select which stations you'll be travelling to and from. Modify to include extra destinations.
- Specify departure OR arrival time.
- Know how long your journey will take, which company is running the service and whether a connection involves a short walk or tube journey.
- Nearest Station uses GPS to show you a list of stations nearest to you.
Trust me - if you use the UK rail network you will want this app. Grab the free edition and enjoy.