I'm pretty sure that in this day and age most of us use our smartphones as an alarm clock in the mornings. Of course, we have a native option on BlackBerry 10 but it just doesn't do it for me. Sure, we know we will get the multiple alarm option in BlackBerry 10.2 but relying on the native alarm doesn't get me up. Luckily I discovered My Alarm Clock in BlackBerry World and when that things goes off there is no chance of not hearing it!
There's a ton of features within the app which you will see below but there are a couple of things that make this particular app my alarm clock of choice. First up is the selection of alarm tones. Not so much the variety, but the quality and loudness of them. There is a snooze option but if you pick the right tone this app will have you springing out of bed to turn it off.
Multiple alarms are also present which I love as I always like to have a back up - just in case I do snooze a bit too much. You can also use your own music if you want, not only as the alarm but as a sleep timer if you so desire. I'm not a big fan of this but it's a great bonus feature to have.
The user interface is kept simple with a nice blue clock on a black background and you even have the option for having current weather conditions on the screen.
Full features of the app include:
- Alarm Clock: wake up to your favorite music
- Weather information: check live local conditions and temperature
- Designer clocks: enjoy a variety of stylish clock faces
- Sleep Timer: fall asleep to relaxing tunes or white noise
- Night stand mode: turn your device into a gorgeous bedside clock
- Portrait and landscape modes: the clock works perfectly in both orientations
- Multiple alarm support: you’ll never oversleep or miss an important event!
- Background alarm support: alarm will ring even if the app is not running
- Shortcuts on the main screen: get easy access to the sleep timer and alarms
There are numerous options for alarm clocks in BlackBerry World but this one gets the big thumbs up from me and for just under a buck it's a bargain. Plus there is Q10 support as well as Z10 so everyone's a winner.