Rogers, Fido and Telus began pushing out the latest BlackBerry Z10 update a little over a week ago, and now it looks like other carriers are starting to push it out as well. The latest group includes the likes of Bell in Canada, Vodafone UK and Bouygues Telecom in France, but still leaves out plenty of carriers that have yet to drop the update. If you haven't received the new OS yet and are using the Z10 on a supported carrier, you should hopefully see it populate to even more carriers in the next few days.
Those of us using an unlocked Z10 on a carrier that has yet to release it will have to turn to alternate methods to get things up and running.
Changes in this update really do spice things up a bit and fix a handful of bugs that had users complaining.
- 3rd Party App Performance - improved performance for 3rd party applications, so developers can build apps that run fast and smooth
- Phone, Calendar, and Contacts - fixes for Gmail calendars, improvements in the BlackBerry Hub for logging calls log, general improvements to importing contacts from online sources
- Camera - optimized the camera for better photos in low-light situations
- Browser and Media - a number of improvements to the software in the way the browser handles video playback
- Battery Life - over 60 battery saving improvements
Did you get your BlackBerry Z10 updated to the latest OS? Hit up the forums for more and drop a comment and let us know what carrier and how things are working out!