MockIt 2.0 has arrived arrived and it's jam packed with new features and awesomeness to make the app more useful than ever. If you're not familiar with MockIt, the app allows you to create device mockups, memes and also serves as a fantastic tool for editing photos with frames, sticker packs and more. In version 188.8.131.52 all of those features have been expanded and improved upon, plus there's even new features added to the mix.
- Mock It now functions as a plug-in for BlackBerry Express!
- 10 new memes added
- Z3 now available in Device Mocks
- New UI in Photo Frames
- New Photo Frame templates!
- New FREE sticker pack called 'Content Control' to censor parts of your images
- More in app settings are available
- You can now see your cache size and clear it
- More premade Device Mock background images
- New overview tutorial added to first-run and in help section
- 5 completely new photo frame collections
- Ability to mock your images onto faux magazine covers
- You can now add borders and effects to images to be used as Display Pictures from within the photo frame section
- New Before & After photo frame templates to compare two images
- New photo frame collages with no borders between photos
- New collection of photo frame templates specifically to make collages of your screenshots
- You can now choose to crop images or let the app resize them to fit into mocks and/or frames
- Alignment problem with the Z30 Device Mocks
- Delayed animation fixed when leaving the Photo Frame section
- Fixed / Improved how the app handles restoration of previous purchases
- Speed improvements and general code cleanup
- Optimized and cleaned up the UI across the board
- Photo Frames are preserved per app session, so pressing the back button to return to home screen will not cause you to lose your in-progress frame creation.
The update is available in BlackBerry World right now, so if you're already making use of MockIt, you should see it available. If you're not already using it, be sure to give it ago. It's available as a free download and while some of stuff does require in-app purchases, the app is extremely useful without the need of in-app purchases. On top of that, it's a high-quality, well thought out app that's just plain fun.