The global mobile social network that is mig33 announced yesterday software for the BlackBerry that will allow us to utilize mig33's mobile social networking tools. The release is a planned first step in their program designed to optimize the service for the U.S. market.
Says co-founder and CEO of mig33 Steven Goh:
"The U.S. mobile phone market is unique from what's happening in the rest of the world, so we need to tailor our offering accordingly. In targeting the BlackBerry, one of the most popular keyboard handsets in the country, we're making it easy for U.S. consumers to share in the global phenomenon that is mig33."
Notable Features of mig33:
- You can chat online in real-time with millions of other mig33 users. Or, use compatible IM services like MSN, Yahoo!, ICQ/AOL and Google Talk.
- Make low-priced calls to anywhere in the world from your mobile.
- SMS calling feature to make cheap calls anywhere in the world. Text the phone number you want to call and mig33 will connect you. You can even forward return calls to a phone other than your Berry.
- Send photos directly from your BlackBerry to online friends and family. Your photos are automatically saved to your online scrapbook, which you can view and organize from BlackBerry or PC.
- Become a member to access the members only website packed full of cool features.
More than 10 million people in 200 countries are already signed on to mig33. It's a huge social network that is growing fast. With this new BlackBerry app it will be interesting to see how fast they grow in the North American market.
mig33 is supporting the following BlackBerry models: 8100, 8130, 8300, 8310, 8320, 8800, 8820, 8830, 7100, 7100i, 7130, 8700, 8703e, 8707, 7250, 7290 and 7520.