If you're the kind of person that tends to stream media from a home server to your mobile device you'll be interested in Media Blast for BlackBerry 10. The app has been natively built and is optimized for the BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10. Media Blast is free to download but this is really just in order for you to trial the application. For just $5 you can unlock the 5 minute limit and view/listen to as much of your content as you desire.
As you'll see from the following extensive list of features - the developer has put some real time and thought into this one and with more features listed as 'coming soon' I suspect that Media Blast good be a big hit.
- Provides an easy-to-use interface to watch all of your favorite TV shows and movies
- Alphabetically organizes your movies and sorts TV shows by series and season
- Keeps track of what you have watched and what you haven't, even if you are in the middle of a video
- Quickly access recently-watched TV shows and movies, filter by genre, or search your media library to find what you want to watch, fast
- Displays images, description, genre, release date, directors and more
- Easily transfers videos from your media server to your device for on-the-go viewing
- Support for multiple media servers
Multiple ways to watch:
- Watch videos on your BlackBerry device or on a TV over HDMI
- Use your BlackBerry as a remote control to watch on your upnp enabled smart TV, XBox 360, XBMC, using "Play On"
- Play on your TV with a Miracast dongle
- Supported Media Servers: BMC (12+), TVersity, JRiver, and Twonky (Media Blast may work with other media servers as well. Give it a try!)
- Browse and select fan art of your choice
- Enhancements to browsing music and images
- Cast and Crew information
I'll be honest and say that I'm not a media server type of guy so I haven't been able to properly test this one out. So if you do, please feel free to sound off in the comments with your thoughts. I'm sure the developer will be paying attention to any suggestions you may have.