Mastercard releases MoneySend application for BlackBerry
on 10 Sep 2010 08:54 am EDT
Mastercard has finally released a version of their MoneySend application for BlackBerry devices. The application, is designed to make sending and receiving money from debit, credit, and prepaid Mastercard cards easier. It's not without it's minor flaws though. First, the application only works for the US. Secondly, your bank has to be on board for it to be supported. However, those issues aside it does offer some great features which could make it quite useful to some folks out there.
- Accept credit or debit card payments from anyone for free.
- Send money to family members Sending fees apply.
- Pay for informal goods and services.
- Request money from people who owe you money.
- Simplify your business or non-profit collection effort using Request Funds feature
- View your MoneySend transaction history from your mobile phone
All in all, useful to some but for others maybe not so much. You can grab the application from BlackBerry App World. If you're looking to learn more you can hit the link below and head on over to the MoneySend website. It has plenty of details on support and how to get your services all set up.