When it comes to decent cooking applications we haven't seen too many for BlackBerry 10. As you'll see in the video it did give me a couple of glitches, however it delivers the goods and I'm sure the bugs that are there will soon be sorted out with an update.
The application is a piece of cake to use (no pun intended) and will provide you with all you need to cook up a delicious recipe, whilst also helping you in the shopping process. Let me explain: Once you launch Master Cook Pro you'll notice four tabs at the base of the display. These are Home, Search, Shopping List and Favorite recipes.
The home tab will consist of a list of categories - helping you narrow down finding suggestions. Once you are in one, all the recipes will be listed, complete with a star rating besides them. One quick note is that the image under the categories moves and changes from time to time. Not a big deal, but it looks good. Tap the one you want and at the top of the page will be a selection of photographs - where you can scroll to the left to reveal more. Under them is the recipe description, followed by the ingredients, preparation instructions and finally nutritional information - so you know can at least see if what you are about to cook is healthy.
Where things get clever is up at the top right of the display. Here you'll notice a star icon and also a shopping kart. If you want to add the recipe to your favorites just tap the star. If you are actually going to cook it you can add the ingredients to your kart. Then it's back to the main page where we have the tabs. Jump into the shopping list and everything you need to cook the recipe will be listed - along with a tick box, to make things easier when at the supermarket.
Taking away the bugs I encountered I'd still say that the app is a worthy purchase if you need some inspiration in the kitchen.
Full features include:
- Search recipes by ingredients, optionally excluding recipes that contain certain ingredients (maybe you don't like onions for example)
- Tens of recipes categories for you to choose from (Examples of categories: Christmas, New Year's, Appetizers, Breakfast, Main Dish, American, Asian, European, Diabetic, Low Calorie, Low Carb, Vegetarian, Vegan and tens more!)
- Ability to save your favorite recipes in a Favorite list
- Ability to automatically create your Shopping list based on the recipes you want to prepare - touch the Cart icon on each recipe page
- Nutritional information for every recipe: calorie count, fat, protein, carbs, sodium, sugar, cholesterol
- Thousands of Christmas and New Year's recipes and thousands more will be added before each major Holiday season!
Master Cook Pro is priced at £1.50/$1.99 and is available for all BlackBerry 10 devices. Maybe the strange bug I encountered was because I used the app on the BlackBerry Q10. If you try it on an all touch BlackBerry please let us know in the comments if things run any smoother?