If you are a fan of running/platform style games then you are going to love Manuganu for BlackBerry 10. With wonderful 3D graphics and fast, challenging game play this one is going to rather popular on our platform I suspect.
As with most platform games it's all about getting to the end of the level, while collecting items along the way - and things are no different here. When you start playing the game for the first time you will only have to use one control tab and that is the jump one located on the right of the display. However, as you progress things get spiced up quite a bit. Over on the left of the screen is a 'X' tab. You'll need to use this to stop your character from running at certain points - such as when you approach a swinging hammer. Stop, wait for the right time to run and press the tab again to get past the obstacle.
There will also be a slide gesture introduced to you after a few levels. This is achieved by performing a downwards swipe on the BlackBerry display and you'll need to get the hang of it to slide under spikes and low hanging rocks.
Although at the time of writing this Manuganu had only very recently hit BlackBerry World, I took a look at the game in a few other app stores and reviews/comments are extremely positive. We may have got this one after the iPhone, Android and Windows Phone, but at least we now have it - and it sure gets the thumbs up from me.
Features of the game include:
- Platforming Actions: Double Jumping, Wall Sliding, Hovering, Wall Jumping, Rolling, Breaking Objects
- Run through 30 different levels, each with it's own unique design according to the level theme.
- Two button controls and specific swipe controls.
- Run into alternate paths to get 3 Stars in all Levels.
- Three different environments with full 3D graphics.
- Original Soundtrack by Tolga YURDABAK
Available for all BlackBerry 10 handsets and for just under a buck in price, Manuganu is a real beauty if you ask me.