BlackBerry offers a native app for saving passwords called Password Keeper but we love options and on alternative third party app comes in the form of KeePassB Password Manager. It is a native BlackBerry 10 app that uses the open source password manager KeePass. Like all password managers, you just need one master password that then allows you to access all your other passwords, allowing you to use complex passwords for your accounts.
I've tried a few password manager before - Lastpass, Symple ID, Password Keeper - and now KeePassB. I like the password managers where there's a desktop option too so I can sync all my passwords. With KeePassB, you also have this option so that is something that appeals to me. Also, there's no yearly subscription either.
KeePassB allows you to create and manage password databases and yes, you can create multiple databases. I like that you can also group passwords into categories. Makes for better management. You can sync your passwords via cloud services such as Box, Dropbox, OneDrive. You can also use WebDAV or FTP/SFTP to sync and share files to your other devices. You can also set a timeout duration so it will automatically lock the database if there is inactivity. Always handy.
- Clean and intuitive interface
- Military-grade encryption (AES-256)
- Create and edit KeePass v2 databases on your BlackBerry
- Read/write support for KeePass v1 (.kdb) and v2 (.kdbx) files
- Works with multiple databases
- Key file support
- Quick Unlock function
- Generate new secure passwords
- Entries can have an expiration date
- Supports KeePass 2.x file attachments, custom fields, and entry history
- Database and clipboard are automatically locked/cleared on timeout (optional)
- Employs BlackBerry's cryptography implementation
- Automatic database backup (optional)
- Built for BlackBerry application
It's a great app for managing your passwords, especially since it has a desktop counterpart. Today, you can get lucky and grab yourself a free copy if it's the type of app you're looking for. There are 100 free copies up for grabs. To get a free copy, follow the instructions below.
- Open up BlackBerry World
- Swipe down from the top and tap Redeem
- Enter promo code KPB4CB, tap OK
- Tap the green FREE icon to download
KeePassB Password Manager is available for all BlackBerry 10 smartphones. If you're didn't manage to get a free copy but would still like the app, you can purchase it for $4.99. Worth it for keeping and storing your passwords.