LiveProfile is an awesome cross-platform messaging app for Android and iOS, that is now available for BlackBerry. It features a very nice dark UI, as well as a ton of features you would come to expect in a messaging app, and a few you wouldn't. Here are some of those features:
- Badges for sent, delivered, and read messages
- Displays when a contact is typing (and when a contact is reading)
- Ability to update status to Facebook and Twitter
- Add contacts by scanning your address book, Twitter, and Facebook
- PIN assigned to your account, for easy sharing
- Coming Soon- Outgoing Photo Attachments
While we have seen some messengers come and go, or even just not live up to all of our high BBM standards, I think LiveProfile is by far the best of the bunch. It brings most of the core messaging features that we all need, and even adds a few other nice ones (Active Chat- Shows when contact is in the chat, reading messages). My favorite feature of LiveProfile is the way it adds friends to your contact list. Giving you the ability to scan your address book, Twitter, and Facebook is definitely the way to go, and is in no way intrusive, like some other messengers. It is also fast, I mean really fast. I dare say it's more instant than BBM.
Overall I think LiveProfile is the best cross-platform messaging solution out there. If you haven't checked it out, head over to their website for a free download. It is compatible with most BlackBerry devices running OS 4.5 and up. More screenshots after the break.
Download LiveProfile for BlackBerry