*Update: After many hours of frustration V2.0 is now live and will work. Looking good on my Bold 9900*
LinkedIn for BlackBerry v2.0 is now available for download. It's been quite a while (over a year actually) since we've seen an update for this one, so if you use the app at all you'll be very pleased with the new features. Version 2.0 brings along a new UI, inbox integration and much more.
New features in v2.0 include:
- Updated Navigation Screen - LinkedIn 2.0 unveils a new navigation screen that's designed to give easy access to all the LinkedIn features that keep BlackBerry users connected, such as "Updates," "You (professional profile)," "Inbox," and "Network (LinkedIn connections)."
- Enhanced Profile Experience - LinkedIn 2.0 gives access to LinkedIn profiles (including your connections and those you have not yet met) on your BlackBerry smartphone. The profile panel experience displays personal overviews (name, headline, and location), professional experience, education, and recommendations. Similar to the desktop version, you'll also be able to check out who's viewed your profile.
- Easily Accessible Inbox - With LinkedIn 2.0, you can access your LinkedIn inbox on your BlackBerry smartphone, allowing you to receive messages and accept or ignore LinkedIn invitations while on the go. Inbox messages will display name and profile image of the sender, as well as a message subject and the time since the message was received.
- Real-time Access to your professional network - Put your professional network at your fingertips and stay in the know through LinkedIn 2.0. Catch up on the connections in your network and grow your network through a Connections Search or via ‘People you may know.'
- Staying In the Know - Catch up on all the latest LinkedIn activities on your BlackBerry smartphone by selecting "Updates." Learn what's been going on with your connections with a stream of recent activity and news from your network, including Likes/Comments on updates, industry content tailored for you and insightful articles on LinkedIn Today.
You should see the latest version appear in BlackBerry App World over the next 24 hours. If you give it a go, hit up the comments and let us know what you think!