Leaked OS 5.0.0.436 For The BlackBerry Storm 2 9520

Leaked OS 5.0.0.436 For The BlackBerry Storm 2 9520
By Bla1ze on 4 Jan 2010 06:18 pm
0
loading...
25
loading...
0
loading...

Alright, the year started off with a leak for the BlackBerry Tour 9630. But I just got an email from an anonymous CrackBerry forum member leading the way to OS 5.0.0.436 for the BlackBerry Storm 9520. Details are short with this one in how it actually performs so I'll leave it up to you all to discuss those aspects in the CrackBerry forums. Remember, back up your data folks. Enjoy!

*OS Disclaimer - Please Read: Keep in mind this is NOT an official release and as such is not supported by RIM or your Carrier. If you choose to install, do so at your own risk and only if you're comfortable in the process of upgrading and downgrading your device software. It is quite normal during operating system development for certain features to be crippled or disabled while others are tested, and these beta builds often reflect that. They are not always better. Depending on your BlackBerry comfort level, it may be best for you to wait for community feedback on a build before deciding to download and install for yourself or simply wait for the next official release. If you require support, you will find it in our CrackBerry forums via our extremely knowledgeable community base - do not contact your carrier or RIM for Beta OS technical support (their first course of action will be to advise you to downgrade to a supported OS). Follow the links below for more information and instructions. *

    37 comments

    afropoika

    I updated to this and can confirm it is the DRM version. Very smooth and quick user experience. Not sure if something was fixed, my Storm2 was only an hour old when I did the update :D

    BigJav209

    Whens the next Storm 1 leaked os coming??

    rj160202

    why are these questions always asked when we don't know? thats why they are called leaks...

    corydunbar#CB

    does anybody know what is new in this OS? any obvious changes?

    keith7120

    No leak love for the 9550? I just knew it would happen. I'm stuck on 320 which is cool but I want pop up letters when typing and My yahoo icons for my email to show up properly.

    cdhoward

    I've got 428 and it is working well. I'll find somewhere to upload it and send you the link.

    keith7120

    I've got 428 and it is working well. I'll find somewhere to upload it and send you the link.

    I would really like that!! Thanks!

    cdhoward

    Check back in 25 min or so...

    cdhoward

    http://ow.ly/SN53
    To enable the pop up letter look under options --> screen/keyboard --> Show Key Indicator (On Touch and Hold or Always)

    SeanPN777

    Thanks for the link. Just wanted to ask, now that you've had it for a couple days, how would you rate the install? Any potential downsides that would make me not want it on my 9550 from Verizon? Thanks again!

    SeanPN777

    I forgot to ask... Any luck that this leaked version gets rid of the Bing Only Search crap on my Verizon 9550?

    Fingers are crossed (but not hopeful).

    cdhoward

    Do the 9520 builds work for the 9550?

    tomklyn

    i have been running the 428/436 hybrid on my 9550 for the last week

    RLC44

    Never mind. I'm a loser for not just searching.

    The Gift

    I'll download when I get to work tomorrow morning.

    FNETHAN

    Time for everyone to start whining about "there's no leak love for my xxxxx" and complaining again..... awesome....

    BB_Storm4me

    I use to wait for Storm1 leaks and complain if it was a long time since the last one...but no more. My Storm1 will most likely be gone within a month. 80% chance it'll be for an Android device, with a 20% chance of a Storm2. I'm so sick of waiting for RIM to fix the Storm1 and especially upset about the web browser performance.

    Yandar

    Here is a Rapidshare link for you all.

    http://bit.ly/4NXZdD

    http://rapidshare.com/files/330465296/
    9520M_PBr5.0.0_rel706_PL4.2.0.189_A5.0.0.436.exe

    gbonyou

    Will this work on my STORM 1 - 9520? Is there also a STORM2 9520? I am confused? What is the difference between all of the STORM models?

    paulmike3

    The Storm1 is 9500 and 9530. The Storm2 is 9520 and 9550. So no, this will not install on your Strom1.

    gbonyou

    Got ya. For some reason I thought I had a 9520. Thanks!

    boy_de_ghet

    Mirror RS (Link will be expire at 17-Oct-2010) :
    rapidshare.com/files/330542440/9520M_PBr5.0.0_rel706_PL4.2.0.189_A5.0.0.436.exe

    the.abyzz

    BlackBerry Storm2 9520 OS 5.0.0.436 (Leaked Version) [RS Mirror] http://bit.ly/85JfhJ

    jezzter

    I guess this is the DRM-version, since I cannot find a way to get it installed on my nodrm device.

    Darn.

    The Gift

    Before I try and download this, whats this NO DRM thing about?... I am currently running .402 on my 9520 Voda. Will it install?

    nitrile

    Yes this is a DRM release and works with vodafone 9520. The previous 428 leak was nodrm and did not work.

    mwa1979

    Is this phone coming to Rogers?

    EDBofficial

    Since noone seems to care about feedbacking this OS, here is mine.

    I did try to install the previous 428, i think it was, but after the wipe, what a surprise to see that it didnt work. that previous leak had some problem and wasnt recognized by windows even though it was installed... so back in 402

    "Kenéni!!" with this one!! Just installed the bitch and surprise, while i opened DM to save my bb contents, it found the leak and installed it from DM ITSELF ! no vendor suppression no Apploader...
    Pretty nice

    Now that its all restored and operationnal

    I must say that it seems like its the fastest os made, even though the 402 was quick, it did lack in the button pressing reaction and for some reason when used in GSM, GPRS or EDGE, slowed considerably down.. only worked good on 3GBB. WIFI disconnected too...

    Anyways i'll be back in a few days for a several days usage 'review'.. but as for now, it all works fast and good, no problems with wifi, apps work good, etc.. mostly impressed with screen reactivity and the click dont harden anymore.

    lata

    EDBofficial

    OOh yeah i forgot:

    THANK YOU CRACKBERRY !! KEEP IT UP

    Montala

    Thanks for the link, but it seems to be rather slow at the moment... about 25% of the way through with still nearly an hour to go!

    I hope it will be worth it! :)

    deaner1029#CB

    this is my first post i hope someone can help me. ive downloaded multiple versions of leaked tour software and have yet to be able to get one to load into my blackberry. when i go to update it in the application loader it doesnt show it. i downloaded the leak last night and went through the setup i just can't get it to load up. please someone help me.

    kattyb86

    i download using the link ..then i open the destop manager and i go to the updates ..but it keep giving me the 5.0 verzion .without the leak..i also delete thevendor xml..but nothing...anyone plz help