Not too long ago CellNinja introduced doo for BlackBerry 10, which offers a quick way to not only assign tasks and shortcuts to the volume and power buttons but to create shortcut icons on the homescreen to improve productivity. Now, a new update has been released to BlackBerry World that brings multiple improvements and bug fixes to the app.
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- New action: Weather - To minimize network data, doo will only retrieve weather when you ask for it, and it will reuse any weather data that is not older than 30 minutes. doo doesn't use your GPS to save on battery, you need to set a location in Settings page where you can also choose your preferred temperature scale and weather service provider.
- Language used in doo can be changed from Settings page
- Added Hindi translation (Thanks to Amar Ahmed from India)
- Updated French translation (Thanks to Michael Halimi)
- Fixed a bug with Clipboard used as an homescreen icon (Thanks to Ahmed and Shahid for the bug report)
- Removed SD Card from Open Folder action possible paths (OS bug prevents to open it) (Thanks to Shahid for bug report)
- Fixed Z10 layout on main screen (Thanks to Ahmed for bug report)
- Removed unused images to save on app size (Thanks to Ahmed for noticing increased app size)
- Switched to coloured icons (Thanks to Ahmed for suggestion)
- Fixed path when opening folder from Hub after recording audio
- Fixed background animation going too fast on some occasions
For such a new app, that's a lot of improvements. For those who are already making use of doo, the update is available right now. If you were contemplating giving doo a look or were waiting for some improvements to come to the app, now is the time to give it a go. You can find doo in BlackBerry World for $1.99. It supports all BlackBerry 10 devices and be sure to check out our hands-on for a closer look.