Today during the Jam Asia keynote, we got a lot of numbers thrown at us about the health of the BlackBerry 10 platform. It was a bit hectic trying to initially make heads or tails of everything, but now we've got all of the main stats that were mentioned.
- 131,700+ apps for BlackBerry 10; total apps in BlackBerry World 256,668 - at same point (7 months) in OS lifecycle, Apple had 17,500, Android had 2,908
- 37% of apps on BlackBerry World are from Asia Pacific developers
- 9 out of 10 Asia Pacific BlackBerry developers recommend BlackBerry as a development platform
- 33% of developers in Asia generate revenues through sales in North America
- 20% generate revenues through sales in Europe
- 4% generate revenues through sales in Middle East and Africa.
- BlackBerry World carrier and in-app payment integration implemented with nearly 70 carriers integrated across 46 countries
- More than 2x apps per user downloaded on BlackBerry 10 vs BlackBerry OS
- Percentage of paid apps on BlackBerry 10 more than 5x than BlackBerry OS
- Users generate 7x more revenue per download on BlackBerry 10 vs BlackBerry OS
There were a few others scattered around the talk, but those were the big ones. The comparisons to BlackBerry OS certainly look good, but aren't much of a surprise. Do any of these apps look surprising to you?