After spending some time in the BlackBerry Beta Zone, the latest BlackBerry Android app updates have now started to filter out through the Google Play Store. This time around, the BlackBerry Hub gets the most attention as it features plenty of new enhancements as well as the long-awaited dark theme option. Also rolling out as a bit of a surprise is a new update to Password Keeper which also includes a new dark theme option.
- Dark Theme: You can now enable dark theme support inside the Hub.
- Attachment view: Bringing back a BlackBerry 10 feature, you can enable a separate view that just displays attachments. Tapping on a dedicated icon on the action bar allows you to quickly see all attachments in either a list view or a grid view. The view even displays attachments that have not yet been downloaded.
- Support for .msg attachments: You can now view .msg attachments from within an email.
- Additional Hub integrations: Hub now supports WeChat and Line notifications.
- Filing improvements: Improved suggestions when filing emails based on most frequently used folders.
- "Splat" notification improvements: Support for splatting (aka, the red and white Spark icon) on custom created views in the Hub
- Enhanced S/MIME details: The S/MIME details of received messages have been expanded to better reflect details such as signature and certificate status, encoding algorithms, and any security warnings.
- Enhanced S/MIME attachment support: Signed and encrypted messages that have both p7s and p7m attachments are now supported.
- FIPS-validated S/MIME for BlackBerry Android: When Hub is used on BlackBerry Android smartphones, S/MIME functions are performed using the newly-added FIPS-validated crypto module for added security.
- Dark Theme: Password Keeper also gets a new setting to turn on dark theme.
The updates should be appearing for most folks now, if you're not seeing them as of yet, just hang tight as they'll be along shortly. You can download the BlackBerry Hub here and Password Keeper right here. Need to know how to enable dark theme in the Hub? Be sure to check out previous help article for that.