It was announced earlier in the year that the Kobo app would make its way to BlackBerry 10. If you have been waiting patiently for it to arrive, the wait is finally over. The Kobo app is now available to download for BlackBerry 10. Having been the only reader available for the BlackBerry PlayBook, it was only right for it to make its way onto BlackBerry 10.
Just like the Amazon Kindle app, however, it is a port (but runs pretty smoothly). A bit of a shame since the PlayBook version is native, though it is still nice to see make its way to BlackBerry World.
With the Kobo app you can:
- Pick up right where you left off. We’ll sync your bookmarks, notes, and highlights, so you can keep reading across all your devices.
- Customize your reading experience. Enjoy crisp, clear text in the size and style you prefer; try Night Mode for easier nighttime reading; and lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode to read how you like.
- Enjoy first chapter previews for thousands of select books.
- Experience the rich, colorful environment of our magazines, cookbooks, children’s books, and comics.
- Make your reading a social experience with Reading Life™. You can track how long it takes to read a book, earn fun and surprising awards, and much more.
- Add books to your Library from email, the web, or your Dropbox account. You can even read books from your local public library.
- Share ideas with Kobo Pulse™. Find out who in the Kobo Community is reading what you are and discuss what you've read with them.
- Post your activities to Facebook. See what your friends are reading and share quotes, notes, and book reviews to friends.
- Read in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese and Japanese.
I am glad to see Kobo finally on BlackBerry 10, my collection is still bigger in the Kindle but I did purchase quite a few books on Kobo due to the PlayBook app. I would still like to see Kobo bring a native app though, since they did for the PlayBook. It is available to download for free and is available for the Z10 and Q10.
Are you still a Kobo user? Did they wait too long to get their app on BlackBerry 10? Share your thoughts in the comments.