Have you been wanting a custom paint job on your BlackBerry Curve but can't cope with sending your device away to ColorWare (nor pay their *fairly steep* prices)? Or maybe you're longing for a BlackBerry paint job so truly unique that its color bares the name of your choosing? Enter Becky Mae - BlackBerry Stylist.
CrackBerry Forum members are familar with Becky Mae. She planted the seeds for her BlackBerry Boutique business within the forums and has been winning the adoration of customers and members one custom-painted BlackBerry at a time.
There are two ways to get your hands on one of Becky Mae's custom creations:
- Purchase a custom-painted housing from Becky Mae. You pick the color, and she'll paint it and mail the housing out to you. Regular price is $60 (includes housing and paint job!), but Becky Mae is running a sale until the end of October where you can purchase your housing for only $50. Currently available for the BlackBerry 8300, 8310 and 8320 with the 8330 on the way soon. Spread the word of BeckyMae.com and hopefully she'll start carrying inventory for other device models as well.
- Send in your housing to Becky Mae (any device model) and she'll paint it for you (or purchase a spare one and send that in). This rings in at $30.
A huge assortment of colors are available, and if you don't see what you like Becky Mae will work with you to get the tint just right. While the cost and custom paint job are no brainers, the one thing to keep in mind is that you will have to do a little bit of tooling to install your new BlackBerry housing. This may not be for everyone (but if you take the plunge, don't worry, there's an endless supply of help in the forums to help guide you through the process).
For more information, check out the following links:
- Becky Mae's website... www.BeckyMae.com >>
- BeckyMae Custom Housings Portrait Thread >>
- BeckyMae42 Housings Thread >>
- * Orange Alert * - Check Out my Becky Mae Custom Curve >>
- Got my PurpleRain-berry from Becky Mae >>
- BeckyMae's website launched >>