Entry #69 - BlackBerry... A Love Story | View All Contest Video Submissions >>
* keep in mind we're not announcing the ten finalists in any particular order - 3 more to come! *
We're into the home stretch in announcing the finalists in our I Love My BlackBerry video contest. Our seventh finalist is entry #69, titled BlackBerry... A Love Story. The vision and handy work of Michael Garcia and Elizabeth Bejarno, this is one hella-creative entry, playing off the mood and theme of an old Hollywood love story. Just hit play and watch. Pretty wicked, huh? You can find the story behind the video below.
Only three more entries left to get announced over the next two days before we get the community vote kicked off on Thursday (will run through the weekend to Monday night). If you've missed any of the finalist announcements so far, here's a recap of our first six so you can get up to speed:
- Finalist 01 - Entry #45 - A day in the life without my BlackBerry
- Finalist 02 - Entry #43 - CrackBerry Therapy
- Finalist 03 - Entry #17 - The Scent of a BlackBerry
- Finalist 04 - Entry #20 - Getting Away with BlackBerry Love
- Finalist 05 - Entry #08 - Greased Touch Screen
- Finalist 06 - Entry #70 - Romantic Evening Gone Wrong
The Story Behind BlackBerry...A Love Story
Michael bought his first Blackberry Curve 8310 about a year ago for $25. It was used and abused, but it's lasted him this far, and he's never loved a phone more. Once an apple iPhone enthusiast, he is now an avid member of the Crackberry community. This inspired the film's storyline.
Both Elizabeth and Michael crafted the idea of editing the film to evoke a mood that recalls old Hollywood love stories, though neither have any experience.
The diner scene was shot at a Five Guys Burgers and Fries. Elizabeth played the ingenue, enamored with her Blackberry but tempted by the prospect of an upgrade. Michael played the salesman. A friend, Juan Garcia Pardo aided in filming.