* CrackBerry Idol Current Status: Round 2 Voting Now Open *
Round 2 Voting Now Open
Round 2 - the Featured BlackBerry Accessory Round
- Dan - 5BARz Road Warrier Review
- Alicia - Bluetooth headset head to head: Jabra Stone vs. Motorola Endeavor
- Shankeith - Speakerphone shootout - BlueAnt S4 vs. BlackBerry VM-605 vs. Blue Vision II
- Aloha Joe - Lifestyles of the rich and case-less
- Josh - BlackBerry charging solution shootout
- Brittany - Waterproof BlackBerry case head to head - Aquapac vs. Overboard Waterproof Case
- Joseph - BlackBerry Bluetooth headphone showdown
- Kerri - BlackBerry headset throwdown - Battle of the big three
- Tim - Review: Motorola MOTOROKR EQ5 Wireless Travel Stereo Speaker
- Dave - BlackBerry Presenter Review
Round 1 - the BlackBerry App Review (now over)
Once all 24 reviews have hit the blogs the community vote will decide which ten CrackBerry Idol contestants will advance to round 2.
- Joseph - Podtrapper for BlackBerry
- Nick - Pinball Deluxe for BlackBerry
- Shankeith - Telenav for BlackBerry
- Alicia - Dragon for Email
- Josh - AlphaRunner for BlackBerry
- Todd - ScoreMobile for BlackBerry
- Zander - eBay for BlackBerry
- Gregg - Craiglist for BlackBerry
- Brittany - Poynt for BlackBerry
- Yousif - Evernote for BlackBerry
- David L.- Facebook for BlackBerry
- David S. Google Talk for BlackBerry
- Manav - Twitter for BlackBerry
- Dave P. - SocialScope
- Alex - SmrtGuard for BlackBerry
- Aloha Joe - Tether for BlackBerry
- Matthew - Thumbplay Music Store
- Martin - Slacker for BlackBerry
- DJ - Foursquare for BlackBerry
- Tim - MLB at Bat 2010
- Earl - Documents To Go
- Kerri - Mobile Checkbook for BlackBerry
- Dan - BerryPopup
- Bryan - QuickLaunch for BlackBerry
Meet the CrackBerry Idol 2010 Contestants
Here your contestants duking it out for the title of CrackBerry Idol:
- Audition Videos 1: Joseph, Yousif, Brittany, Zander, Shankeith
- Audition Videos 2: Dave P, Nick,
Finza, DJ, David S.
- Audition Videos 3: Martin, Todd, Gregg, David L., Bryan
- Audition Videos 4: Aloha Joe, Tim, Earl, Kerri, Manav
- Audition Videos 5: Josh, Dan, Alex, Alicia, Matthew
CrackBerry Idol Rules. Entry for this event now closed.
CrackBerry Idol 2010 - Your Chance to Freelance for CrackBerry.com!
CrackBerry Idol is open to BlackBerry enthusiasts around the world who'd love become CrackBerry famous and help contribute to the CB blogs on a regular basis (1-2+ posts per week - nothing crazy, so you can keep your normal job, go to school, etc.). While there ultimately can be only one individual crowned as the CrackBerry Idol 2010 winner, by the end of the event we'd like to welcome at least two new members to the team who will help out on BlackBerry App, Accessory and Device reviews.
To make the cut, you're going to have to show us what you got! You'll need to have a passion for BlackBerry and be able to express your thoughts clearly both in writing and on video. It's a digital world that we live in and CrackBerry.com is a website, so you'll need to have the skills and equipment required to take photos and whip together your own youtube videos. If you visit CrackBerry regularly, you'll have a feeling for the minimum standards we require - and if you can raise the bar with your mad skills, then show us! The good news is you don't need to be an "expert" for this role. The BlackBerry is a consumer product - we want consumers. If you love a product, express your love. If you hate a product, voice your concern. Being informative and entertaining is what it's all about.
Awesome Prizes for Competing and Winning: If your audition video is accepted and you make it into the competition rounds of CrackBerry Idol, in addition to the fame and glory you'll rack up sweet prizes as you progress through the rounds of the competition including BlackBerry apps, accessories and even a new BlackBerry if you make the final round. And for the CrackBerry Idol winner, we have an extra special prize - you'll get to attend the BlackBerry Developer Conference this September in San Francisco with the Crack team!
How to Enter
Preliminary Round: The audition - Put together a 30 second to 2 minute video clip letting us know why you love BlackBerry, why you want to join the CrackBerry team and why you think you have what it takes to be the CrackBerry Idol. Toss it on youtube for everybody to see. If you want to be part of the CrackBerry team, you can't be shy!
For those who advance past the auditions and into the competition rounds, the contestants will be put to the test in the form of real-life reviews. Contestants will have access to existing CrackBerry editors (aka coaches) to provide guidance and tips on putting together their entries. While we won't set strict deadlines in advance for the competition rounds, the aim will be for reviewers to have a full week to put together their review in each round of the competition. The following week will see the reviews published to the CrackBerry blogs with feedback provided by judges and the CrackBerry readership. Once all entries have been posted in a given round, the community will be able to vote for who moves on to the next round and who gets cut. The CrackBerry Idol will progress through the rounds per the summary below until an ultimate CrackBerry Idol 2010 champion is crowned!
CrackBerry Idol Round 1: The app review - Round 1 of the competition is the all-important BlackBerry app review. If the app to be reviewed is not free, CrackBerry will provide it to the contestant free of charge.
CrackBerry Idol Round 2: The case review - Round 2 of the competition is the BlackBerry case review. Cases are always the #1 category of BlackBerry accessory, so it's important that any CrackBerry reviewer be able to express their feelings about BlackBerry protection.
CrackBerry Idol Round 3: The "other" accessory review - With cases out of the way, the next round of the competition will involve reviewing another, more-complicated type of accessory for the BlackBerry such as a Bluetooth headset or accessory like the BlackBerry Presenter, BlackBerry Music Gateway, etc.
CrackBerry Idol Final Round: The device review - Contestants still remaining in the competition at this point will be challenged with the task of putting together the mother of all reviews, the new BlackBerry Smartphone review. The finalists will be able to choose which commercially-available BlackBerry they would like to review.
The Final Vote: Once the final device reviews have all been posted, the crowning of the CrackBerry Idol 2010 winner will all come down to the final community vote. In the end, one ultimate CrackBerry Idol winner will be crowned. In addition to the devices and accessories received during the competition that contestants will get to keep, we'll have some other awesome prizes for the winner and finalists.
The Fine Print and Other Questions you may have: