Now that BBM has gone cross-platform, there's sure to be a lot of folks trying the app out for the first time. We've already covered the getting started guide for Android smartphones but if iOS is your platform of choice, we've got you covered there as well.
You can jump below to check out some of the walkthrough videos of the basics to getting started and if you have any further questions or concerns, the CrackBerry forums are open 24 hours a days, 7 days a week to help you further.
- First things first - you'll need an iOS device to install BBM.
- Head to the iOS App Store and download BBM (free) to your device here.
- Once installed, tap on the icon to launch BBM
- If you're already a BBM user and want to use your current BBID, enter your login details on the screen. If you're new to BBM or want to use a different BBID, you can register here as well.
- Tap the overflow icon (3 dots)
- Tap Invite to BBM
- Choose the method by which to invite a contact - In the menu that pops up, you have lots of options when it comes to adding someone. Choose the method you'd like to use. They'll receive a request and you'll get a confirmation once they've accepted it.
- When the contact accepts your request they will be added to your contact list
- To start a new chat, tap the BBM icon in the top right corner (the one with the + sign)
- Search for or choose a contact from the list
- Tap the contact, enter your message and choose Send
- To start a multi-person chat with more than one contact, tap the overflow icon (3 dots) then tap Start Multi-person Chat
- Enter the contacts to which you want to send your message
- Enter you message and tap Send
- To access the settings menu, tap the overflow icon (3 dots) then choose Settings
- Here you can change things such as notification tone, contact list layout, update options, chat history and more
- To send a broadcast message to all of your contacts, tap the overflow icon (3 dots) then choose Broadcast Message. Enter your message and tap Send. Be careful with these, not everyone likes to receive broadcast messages
- To quickly view your contacts list, tap the Contacts icon
- To quickly view groups tap the Groups icon