With the autoloaders for the BlackBerry Priv now available for download, there's sure to be folks needing to know how the whole process works, and we're glad to help with that. Take a look at our full run down of how to reinstall the OS on your BlackBerry Priv. It's all fairly easy, but do keep in mind you will need to have a Windows or Mac computer to complete the process plus, reinstalling the OS will indeed erase all local data.
- Install the USB drivers for the Priv. To install the Priv drivers, click here.
- Download the autoloader file for your Priv version from here
- Press and hold both the Power and Volume Down buttons for 30 seconds to boot the Priv into fastboot mode. Alternatively, press and hold the Volume Down while turning on Priv and selecting Reboot into fastboot (when in fastboot mode, the Priv will display the BlackBerry Bootloader Menu and a purple LED)
- Open and extract the downloaded autoloader file (including all files and folders)
- Open the extracted folder
- Execute the flashall.bat
- Follow on screen instructions as prompted
Mac OS X
- Open and extract the autoloader file (note the location of the downloaded autoloader file (example: Documents, Downloads, Desktop)
- Rename extracted folder to Priv
- Open Terminal (Finder > Applications > Utilities > Terminal)
- Type cd
- Type ./flashall.sh and press Enter
Follow on screen instructions as prompted
Note: Completing the reload of the OS will erase all local data from the Priv.
Once completed, you should have a fully wiped device and be able to start entirely fresh with the setup process of your Priv. If you run into any issues, be sure to head on into the CrackBerry BlackBerry Priv forums to get some further help. And as always, you use these files at your own risk, don't blame us if you break things.