The Hub is the most important component of BlackBerry 10 as it is the central place for managing all of your accounts and communication needs. One of the ways in which it accomplishes this is organizing your accounts, albeit in a certain order in the Hub sidebar and Compact Sidebar, so you can simply swipe and access each of them or for when you just want a peek at your notifications.
As of now, these accounts are placed in a certain order in the sidebar by default such as Notifications and BBM being at the top followed by SMS, Email Accounts, Social Networking, and Voicemail and PIN messages being last. Email accounts are placed in alphabetical order by account name, and if no account name exists (i.e. Displays Aol, Gmail, etc.) it sorts first by account name, and then by email address. However, I'm sure there are those of you out there who would welcome the ability to change the order based on your preferences and which ones you access most.
To make life easier, there is a way to rearrange accounts in the Hub without resorting to renaming each account or adding a numeral as was done in the past.
All that is required is following these quick steps:
- Go into the Hub by swiping up from the bottom and to the right of the screen
- Tap the overflow/more icon (three dots) on the bottom right and select Settings
- Tap Hub Management
- At the bottom of the screen tap on Rearrange
- To change the order, press and hold on an account and drag it the desired location
- Repeat this for all accounts you wish to rearrange
- To Undo any changes made tap on the Reset Order button on the bottom (This feature works at any point in time and can be revisted later after all your modifications are done)
- Tap Done at the bottom when all changes have been made
- Tap the Back button twice to return to the Hub
Once your modifications are saved, all of your accounts will now appear in the Hub sidebar when you swipe to the right in the order you chose. Not only does this help get things done quicker but is a nice feature to take advantage of if you have multiple email accounts.
Looking for more helpful tips and tricks? Be sure to read all of our BlackBerry 10 Help Guides.