Candy Crush Saga. You've likely heard of the game. I'm not sure how anyone possibly couldn't have really. It's insanely popular with over 15.5 million people playing it daily and unlike Angry Birds, people haven't yet started to get burnt out on it. It's a pretty basic game when you think about it, candy drops and you must align the colors so that they disappear and gather up points before time runs out. If you've played Bejeweled, then you already know how to play Candy Crush Saga. The game hooks you though and keeps you coming back for more, back for just one more level, all in effort to get further in the game.
Now, thanks to the new side loading capabilities found you can get it up and running on your BlackBerry Z10 or BlackBerry Q10. Just like all of the sideloading methods, it takes some time and effort to get things working correctly but the good news is the methods keep getting easier and easier. Check out the quick run through above of Candy Crush Saga in action and then jump below to find out how you can get installed on your BlackBerry 10 device. I do warn you though, I'm not responsible for any time lost playing this game nor will I help pay for marriage counseling should you get addicted and totally forget about your significant others.
Although it may not look like it, this method of converting, signing and installing has been cleaned up lots by those involved with its creation. You no longer need to download the Android SDK package but just instead install one simple package that does the majority of it all for you. It's a fairly easy process, you just have to read carefully and follow the steps exactly. If you run into issues, chances are someone else has already run into the same issue, so be sure to check out the CrackBerry Android sideloading forums. Specifically, this forum, where xsacha and many others have been helping out.
To get a debug token:
- Simply request tokens here. Keep note of the 'PIN' you chose.
- Edit config.txt from my package below. PINPASS is the pin you chose on the webpage, above. KEYPASS is a password of your choosing. DEVICEPIN to the pin of your phone (in lower-case).
- Drag the two .csj files that were emailed to you on to a-registertokens.
- Run b-createdebugtoken.
- You should have a debugtoken.bar if everything went successfully. Sideload it to your device and continue.
- Download this package: here. [Updated 15th June #6]
- Put your debugtoken.bar in the same directory as the script.
- Now just drag any Android app .apk on to y-android2bb.bat. A .bar should be generated.
- Download y-maclinux.
- Put your debugtoken.bar in same directory.
- Now, in a terminal, run: ./y-maclinux.sh MyAndroidApp.apk
- Now you can install this .bar on your device and it should just work. You can use the included z-installer.bat or other means.
- If the createdebugtokens cannot find your author.p12, it is looking in %APPDATA%\..\Local\Research In Motion for a file called 'author.p12'
- If you get '881 no debug token found' that means you didn't install your debugtoken.bar on your phone.
To close this one out, there is also a few known issues with Candy Crush Saga loaded this way that you need to be mindful of as well. Nothing serious mind you, in fact I think it makes it better, but you cannot purchase any upgrades or advances in the game as they all go through the Google Play Store and that portion of the game simply does not work. If you can't get past a really hard level, you'll just have to suck it up and work harder at it. Though, if you're up really really stuck make sure you to check iMore's Candy Crush Saga cheats and tricks as they apply here as well.