How to add a search engine to your BlackBerry 10 browser
As an avid BlackBerry user, I belong to quite a few BBM groups. During one of the conversations the question was posed if one could add sites to the search engine list to the browser. The process is actually quite simple and perfect for those of you prefer using a website not included in the default dropdown (i.e. Bing, Google, and Yahoo.).
Be sure to follow these quick steps. Keep in mind this may not work for every search engine. For instance, Wikipedia had no issues while the option would not appear for Ask.com.
- Go into the browser and load the page you wish to add (i.e. Wikipedia).
- Tap on three dots, overflow/more menu, and select + Add search (May have to search a term first in order for this option to appear)
- A popup appears asking you to confirm the new search provider
- Tap Add and it will be included in the dropdown
Now if you ever wish to remove that particular website from the list you can perform the following actions.
- Open the browser and begin typing in the search bar
- Tap on the dropdown in the upper right hand corner to display the dropdown list
- Tap and hold on the search engine you wish to remove and press on the delete option from the side menu
While I do not recommend removing the default search engines, at least you won't have any issues removing your personal choices.
For more tips, tricks, and how-tos be sure to check out all our BlackBerry 10 Help posts.