As an official sponsor of the Toronto International Film Festival, BlackBerry has set The BlackBerry Experience hub in the thick of it all where TIFF movie-goers can learn about going-ons at the Festival, recharge their BlackBerry smartphones, win prizes, and interact with the latest BlackBerry 10 smartphones. Additionally, visitors can also vote for the BlackBerry People's Choice Awards on site and join in on several other activities.
- Power up at the Recharge Lounge, where you can also check into the lounge on Foursquare for a chance to win prizes
- Vote for the BlackBerry People’s Choice Awards at on-site ballot boxes
- Recreate scenes from iconic movies with BlackBerry® Story Maker and share with friends on social networks
- Use the official BlackBerry-optimized TIFF app to watch trailers, browse film schedules and descriptions, and find Festival venues on an interactive map
- Buy BlackBerry smartphone accessories
- Choose limited edition keepsake movie posters at the Customization Station
Aside from the fun and games, the BlackBerry Experience will also be hosting a number of free interactive speaking sessions, open to the public. Offering key learnings and insights into the production, funding, and digital innovations of film as presented by successful and award-winning industry leaders.
Topics will include digital distribution, crowdfunding, Q&A session with Mike Dowse (director) and Elan Mastai (screenwriter) of The F Word, and an open conversation with Paul Haggis (screenwriter) for Million Dollar Baby and Crash. Be sure to check out the BlackBerry TIFF website for more details and full schedule.