RIM is promoting their BlackBerry Travel application by offering a trip for two to Australia as the grand prize! According to the contest details, the winner will enjoy a 9 day trip to Australia and a $2500 American Express gift card. There are also weekly prizes available to be won, as well. You can check out our review of BlackBerry Travel here. It was helpful when we went out to Seattle for a few days. If you’re not familiar with BlackBerry Travel, in a nutshell you’ll get:
- BlackBerry Super App designation - Get full integration with your BlackBerry smartphone Message List and Calendar. Hotel browsing and booking - With access to more than 110,000 hotels worldwide, you get all the features you need to find and book the perfect accommodation.
- Itinerary Discovery and integration - Reliably import even complex itineraries consisting of multi-leg journeys and multiple booking partners, into an easy-to-manage BlackBerry Travel itinerary view.
- Push based Travel Notifications - Find out if there are any flight delays, cancellations or other changes that could affect your plans – updates come straight to your BlackBerry smartphone.
- Travel plan sharing - Use email or LinkedIn to share your travel plans with friends, family and colleagues.
- Location aware travel benefits - Location aware search and booking capabilities help you find hotels or other points of interest, such as shopping and top tourist attractions based on your exact location.
- Easy access to services - Enjoy easy access to local search, weather information to all trip destinations, social connections in each of the trips locations and a currency converter.
The contest started a few weeks ago, but it’s not too late to enter. If one of you ends up winning, let us know! Make sure you also download BlackBerry Travel, for free, from BlackBerry App World. Good luck!