We told you recently that the super Twitter client for BlackBerry 10 - Blaq - is now available to download from BlackBerry World. Priced at £2.00/$2.99 it really is a bargain. Sure, we already have a native Twitter client built into BlackBerry 10 and I will continue to use that for my mentions and DM's due to its Hub integration but for doing everything else Blaq is the way forward.
Blaq itself has been around for a number of years. First we had it on legacy BlackBerry devices and then things really heated up when it was released for the PlayBook. Step three is now here for BlackBerry 10 and it rocks!
The user interface is beautiful. The traditional Blaq colors have been kept so if you have been used to using it on the PlayBook things will look a little familiar but with the BlackBerry 10 edition we get some nice peeking action on top of a ton of additional features.
I'm not going to waffle on too much about it - just watch the video and then I'm pretty sure you will feel the urge to download it. Trust me - this one is a beauty and if it doesn't shoot straight to the top of the paid apps in BlackBerry World I will eat my hat!
Features included in Blaq include:
- Beautiful, intuitive NATIVE user interface
- Fast scrolling - no need to wait
- Interactive gesture engine for quick actions to keep you moving
- REAL-TIME Twitter streaming support
- Power-conscious - When minimized, Blaq goes into low-power mode to save battery
- The most advanced muting system - mute based on multiple criteria
- Sharing - Share from just about app to Blaq and vice versa!
- Active Frame - Know when you get new tweets, mentions or direct messages
- BBM™ integration - share tweets updates with your BBM™ contacts
- Native or editable retweet support (hold down on RT icon in detail screen)
- In-app notifications
- Twitter Username auto-completion
- Full user profile view
- Image previews within Blaq
- View your lists curated from Twitter.com
- Multi-account support
- Search people and tweets
- Photo posting - Twitter
- Q10 support