Gym Technik Gets Upgraded
I know a lot of CrackBerry readers have been fans of Gym Technik since we first blogged about them. As they get ready to release their BlackBerry app (finally!!) they've pounded out a bunch of upgrades to their existing BlackBerry Fitness Tracking service which you can check out after the jump. And if you're not familar with Gym Technik's service you can visit their site at GymTechnik.com to learn more and sign up. Now to get to the gym...
New Gym Technik Features Now Live
Latest articles right when you login - Stay up to date with all our latest articles written by our featured authors available to you right when you login to Gym Technik Online
- Automatic copy from last time stats - Don't feel like inputting workout stats into your smartphone? We've now added a mobile setting where you can choose to have all the exercises in the workout you start auto-fill with the stats from the last time the exercise was completed. This is great to quickly load up a page, perform the exercise, and simply hit "next" as the stats are already filled in for you. We've even placed a "Clear" button that you can click on to clear out the pre-filled stats if you need to add in completely different stats. If you wish to enable this feature you can easily do so by clicking on the "Settings" button at the bottom of Gym Technik Mobile while logged in on your BlackBerry.
- View all the exercises to track on one page - To date, Gym Technik Mobile only displayed exercises in sequence where you had to have one exercise open and click on "next" to get to the next one. We've now given you the option to simply load up the entire workout on one screen so all your exercises are loaded up on one page and you can easily scroll through each exercise and input stats. This is great for super-sets and circuit workouts. If you wish to enable this you can easily do so by clicking on the "Settings" button at the bottom of Gym Technik Mobile while logged in on your BlackBerry
- Numerous Bug Fixes and optimization of speed - We have optimized the way images load up to give you a faster experience on the BlackBerry. And to make it even faster, you can turn images off in your mobile settings.
- All three image stills for each exercise - This is great for beginners that need to view the entire motion of an exercise. Now when you view an instruction of an exercise, you will see all 3 image stills of the exercise showing you how to start the exercise and then taking you through the full motion to completion - all on your BlackBerry!
- Maximum value in picklist goes as high as you need - Some of you that lift more than the average trainer notified us that the maximum value of the weight input in the picklist wasn't high enough at times. We've now made the highest value a "More" value so that you can click on "more" to get higher numbers. Alternatively, within your mobile settings you can change the entry input method to "Enter by typing value" to simply enter in whatever value you want.
- Numeric entry for BlackBerries - Probably our most common feature request by BlackBerry users! For those of you that have set your mobile data input settings to "Enter by typing in value", the BlackBerry now will default to the input being numeric so you don't have to hold the ‘alt' key anymore
- Remember me fixed - Another big one that a lot of you reported to us - The "Remember Me" function on the Gym Technik Mobile login page now works. Sorry about this one...