Guardly Mobile Personal Safety app now available for BlackBerry smartphones
A new application just released today is the Guardly Mobile Personal Safety application. Guardly is the first mobile personal safety service that instantly connects you to friends, family & authorities in just one tap. Here's a brief overview of what the app can do:
- You feel that you're being followed, so you launch Guardly. After a short countdown sequence, an emergency alert is sent to your safety network via phone, email & SMS text. This includes a link to your current location.
- Since your default group was set to autodial 911 if no other selection was made during the countdown sequence, Guardly then dials 911 for you. (Note: this setting can also be disabled on-the-fly)
- While you're on the phone with 911, you switch back to Guardly to send instant message updates to your safety network using the Guardly Connect emergency response website.
- Your pursuer is getting closer, so you take a few pictures that are automatically shared with your safety network. As you start walking, your location updates are shared automatically.
- As an additional deterrent, you activate the loud siren. Your pursuer realizes that you're not an easy mark, and moves on.
You can read the latest press release here and then head on over to BlackBerry App World and download the Guardly Alerts application. It's a free application with the following features:
- Emergency alerts: Send location-based emergency alerts via voice call, SMS and email to your personal safety network
Sign up for Guardly Connect ($1.99/monthly or $19.99/yearly) and you'll also have access to the following options:
More information / download Guardly Alerts
One-tap activation: Guardly alerts two safety networks simultaneously - a user’s personal safety network by voice, SMS and email, and 9-1-1 or any other emergency phone number
- Contact collaboration: Users can collaborate with emergency contacts in real-time by conference call, instant messaging and map-view showing nearby locations of responders
- LocationAssure™: Guardly uses GPS, cell-tower triangulation and WiFi hotspots to find a user’s real-time location for the entire duration of an emergency incident, even if the user is on the phone with 9-1-1
- NetworkAssure™: Built-in intelligence to detect network failures and wait until a signal is present to transmit data and make calls to 9-1-1 to ensure users are connected to their safety network
- Auto-dial emergency services including 9-1-1
- Photo sharing: Users can share photos with their personal safety network instantly and securely