When Google first announced their Apps Connector their main focus was to be placed on those companies that were running a BlackBerry Enterprise Server with a couple hundred BlackBerry smartphones attached to it. Google quickly realized that users of all sizes were taking on Apps Connector and found they needed to grow their support sizes to what is now 500 users per BlackBerry Enterprise Server, which is double the previously supported number. Have a look at the features and see if it's a fit for your business.
Overview of features:
- Messages sent to your Gmail inbox are pushed to your BlackBerry within 60 seconds.
- Emails read/deleted on your BlackBerry are marked as read/deleted in Gmail, and vice-versa.
- Synchronize BlackBerry folders with labels in Gmail.
- Search for email addresses and phone numbers of other users on your company domain.
- View your Google Calendar schedule on your native BlackBerry application, with one-way synchronization from Google Calendar to your BlackBerry device.
- Contacts in Gmail are automatically synchronized with your BlackBerry address book
- BlackBerry Professional Software is now supported
Google Apps Connector is great for businesses who are looking to save some money on their networking cost but it does still fall short in some areas of PIM function especially when it comes to two-way sync of calendars. Here's to hoping that Google will see the need and get to work on that.