We've seen a few bowling games already on BlackBerry 10 and most are pretty sweet, however I recently discovered German Bowling and it offers some cool features that I haven't seen in the other apps.
As well as some amazing 3D graphics the thing that really stood out for me was the options when it comes to the amount of players in the game. You can just bowl by yourself, bowl against the computer or if you are with a bunch of friends you can have up to nine of you all playing the game on the device - that I love! The developers have promised to add multiplayer via network support in a future update so this great game will get even better.
In addition to the above features the game play itself is smooth and the sound effects are realistic, which helps a bunch when playing sports games. Where German Bowling is different from most traditional bowing games is that there are only nine pins to knock down.
The points system:
- For every pin knocked over, the player gets two points.
- If all the pins are down, (this is called “full” or a “strike”), the player gets five extra bonus points.
- If all the pins are knocked down except the one in the middle (the Kingpin), the player bowled a Crown ("Ring") and gets ten extra bonus points.
- If only the Kingpin falls and all other pins are left standing, the player gets twelve points.
- If the player bowls and doesn’t hit any of the pins, that’s called a Poodle and the player gets one point taken away.
- The player with the most points wins.
German Bowling is priced at £0.75/$0.99 and that's a bargain if you ask me.