We saw a brief demo of Galaxy on Fire 2 HD at BlackBerry World this year and have been sitting patiently ever since, waiting on a release. Well release day is finally here and we couldn't be happier -- Galaxy on Fire 2 HD from Fishlabs is finally available for download. While it rings in at a high price of $9.99, it is truly step above when it comes to PlayBook gaming. The team at Fishlabs have been hard at work bringing this to the PlayBook, and it really shows.
Galaxy on Fire 2 HD is a space combat action/sim/RPG. You'll explore all over space, fight battles and make your own way in a storyline that weill keep you engulfed for hours on end. This is one you'll want to pull out the HDMI cable for.
- A vast galaxy with over 20 star systems and more than 100 individual planets and space stations
- More than 30 customizable spaceships and hundreds of different weapons systems, gadgets and commodities
- A unique mixture of story-driven, mission-based and sandbox gameplay
- High-quality visuals including complex 3D models, hi-res textures and breath-taking SFX
- 3D sound, orchestral soundtrack and full voice-acting (English)
- Customizable touch-and-tilt controls
- Action Freeze: Take screenshots from any perspective and share them on Facebook
- Native support up to 1024x600 pixels for the BlackBerry PlayBook
We'll have a full review of Galaxy on Fire 2 HD coming up, but if you want to pick it up now you can grab it in BlackBerry App World from the link below.