A permanent fixture on my BlackBerry 10 device has been Gadget Box for a year now. And to celebrate the one year anniversary the popular multi-tool app has been updated with not only some new enhancements but also the choice of a new theme.
However, the feature that I'm now enjoying the most is the ability to long hold on a tool and have it pinned to your BlackBerry home screen. I tend to use the flashlight option most days so instead of now having to launch the app - all I have to do it tap the icon from my home screen - sweet!
As you'll see from the list below the developer has once again been working hard to bring the best experience to users and he's done a great job. Nice one James.
The full list of new features include:
- Icon graphics update for 1-year BB10 Anniversary! You can keep the classic Gadget Box style or choose a newer, abstract look!
- Homescreen shortcuts! (Long-press gadget icons on main screen to create)
- Speedometer: new Raw Data view!
- Barcodes: search for UPC, EAN codes on Amazon.com, UPCDatabase.com, or UPCDatabase.org!
- Unit Converter: added units and re-organized some Common units
- Collecting app usage data about gadget usage, and device UI language to help drive future features
- Fix for annoying LED flashlight-button-highlight bug!
- Some other bug fixes and small UI tweaks from user reports and suggestion
Gadget Box is available for all Blackberry 10 devices and is priced reasonably at $1.99.