Remember when we reviewed Telmap for BlackBerry smartphones? Well, the same devs have come up with another alternative but this time with built in traffic, maps and speed cameras - all for free! You will however require a touch screen BlackBerry for this particular application.
M8 is a free all-in-one mobile application that combines next generation navigation technology, local content and social media. You can expect the same first-class turn-by-turn in-car navigation, voice-guided instructions and postcode and address search that you get from Telmap Navigator.
However, M8 has been developed with a number of new features including 3D maps and POIs, shortcuts to home and work addresses for easy commuting, striking vector-rendered graphics, sleek animations, clearer illustrations of next turn and improved lane detection. M8 also now offers additional content including free traffic and speed camera updates.
Features of M8 include:
- Live traffic updates.
- Speed camera alerts.
- Turn-by-turn navigation (automatically reroutes you and announces street names).
- Professional maps with auto updates.
- Dedicated pedestrian navigation with clear directions.
- Easy access to categories - restaurants, bars, shops, cinemas, parks etc.
- Find the nearest cash machine, supermarket or post office.
- Access the Yelp directory for shopping centres and coffee shops.
- TripAdvisor and Lonely Planet's favourite restaurants and hotels with helpful reviews and pictures.
- Barclays Cycles station with the number of bikes available.
- Seamless integration with Facebook lets you check where mates are.
Clearly we will be doing a full review of the app so keep your eyes peeled in the next week or so.