Pandora got some great updates and new features over the past day or two, if you have been using it be sure to upgrade to the newest version--being 1.1, to ensure the best experience possible with your streaming audio.
- Significantly better audio quality over mobile network - now using stereo AAC+ (HE-AAC) for both Wi-Fi and mobile connections
- Listener preference option to select “High” quality stream over mobile network or “Normal” for slower connections. Both are stereo.
- Create Station screen now has auto-complete functionality as you type
- Added user preference option to enable or disable station auto-start
- Moved “Log Out” from main menu into Options screen, it now shows the currently logged-in username
- Visual overlay when changing volume; easier to see actual volume level
- Application will check for correct application permissions on startup, and offer to set them to appropriate values if required
- You can now get to the “Options” screen from the menus of both the Station List screen and the Now Playing screen
- Reduced download size of app by about 30-40%
- Fixed stream resume problem on some Storm devices after being interrupted by a system alert (phone call, SMS, email, etc)
- Fixed bug where Wi-Fi capable devices without a SIM card or data plan were not able to use Pandora over Wi-Fi
- Fixed reports of “low volume” settings not being low enough - the lower volume settings now go as quiet as possible before being muted
- Fixed bug where album art may not have been displayed for some tracks
- Mute button should now properly sleep the device when holding it down
Pandora is compatible with BlackBerry Pearl 8100 series, Pearl Flip 8200 series, Curve 8300 and 8900 series, 8800 series, Bold 9000, Storm 9530 and the new Tour 9630.