What I know about football (soccer) you could write on a postage stamp (and I don't think anyone else on the CrackBerry team is any better) so I'll be up front with you and say that this is more of a heads-up than a review as I wouldn't have a clue if it were good or not - although it certainly looks pretty sweet, hence the post. Plus I'm not sure we have seen a BlackBerry 10 application of this nature to date.
The idea here is that you can create your own line up from over 200 football teams from the UK and Europe and manage them accordingly. Considering the popularity of football in Europe I suspect that Football Director 2014 could be a huge hit and as you'll see from the extensive list of features there's more to the app than initially meets the eye.
- Extensive database of English and European divisions, clubs and realistic players.
- All the latest vital player statistics for the 2013/2014 season.
- Multiple cup competitions.
- Realtime staff messages, get information, support and tips from your assistant manager, coach and other club staff.
- Dynamic Transfer system with shortlist feature to watch that star player.
- Promote Youth players and scout for that un-signed gem
- Train your squad at team and individual level.
- Customise formations, positions, player roles and match day tactics.
- News hub and notification system keeps you up to date with club & fixture information and everything else from the Football Director world.
- Comprehensive club and player histories & statistics.
- Watch a match in realtime with full control over tactics and substitutions or auto resolve for quick play.
- Edit mode to customise club and player names.
- Six save game slots.