Another challenging game arrived for the BlackBerry PlayBook this week - this time in the form of FlyCraft. Not just another port from a different OS, FlyCraft was created exclusively for the PlayBook over the month of October. The object of the game is to build a flying machine for your bug, Herbie, and fly as far as you can which will earn you points and extra tools to use on your mean machine. You will start with a small selection of objects to use but the more you progress the more objects you will unlock to assist you in your flight. There are currently 10 unlockable gadgets with more to follow in future updates.
Features of FlyCraft include:
- Spend countless happy moments testing every gadget
- Tune every angle of your machine to create the best possible flight
- Unlock special thrust-items like the soda can, the propeller and the mighty rocket to unleash extra power through your flight time
- Features 10 unlockable gadgets (more to come soon) to use on your creations.
- Extra free bonus gadgets are earned the more you play and the more distance you cover.
- Scoreloop leaderboards and achievements to compete with your friends
I must warn you - this game is very challenging. It really takes some getting used too, but that's not a bad thing. At $1.99 it is reasonably priced and with beautiful smooth graphics and quaint sound effects the price tag is value for money.