Henrik from BellShare just sent us an email letting us know that BerryWeather 2.1 is now available in Public Beta form and that they're looking for feedback from CrackBerry readers to help put the finishing touches on it. Henrik says this version will be a lot faster and easier on memory than previous versions (good stuff!). The full changelog is as follows:
- Complete rework of the core. BerryWeather will now fully close when sent to background. The homescreen wallpaper and icon will keep updating.
- Using new server protocol to improve update speeds and minimze CPU load
- Changed forecast/advisory update settings. New option 'With Forecats' for advisory will update advisories whenever forecasts are updated, 'Never' will never update advisories
- Added data+settings backup to memory card
- Added support for setting the icon size on homescreen walllpaper
- Added support for blacking out the settings screen (on by default)
- Added support for selecting whether to show radar/webcam links in internal viewer or browser (allows adding mp3/video/hrml links)
- Fixed lag on image browser for background image selection
- Fixed lag issues on BlackBerry Tour (and other devices)
- Fixed several potential memory leaks
- Fixed errors on first time built-in map loading
- Version 2.1 is using a new storage format. This means all data will be lost.
- We strongly recommend uninstalling any previous version before installing version 2.1
- You will need a valid BerryWeather 2.x license or this beta will be limited to a 3 day trial.
You can follow the link below to jump over to BellShare's forum for the download links. Feel free to leave feedback there or in the comments of this blog post. If you don't have Berry Weather 2.0 yet, you can purchase 2.0 here to have the 2.x license.