Fantasy Football on your BlackBerry PlayBook
Want NFL or Yahoo! Fantasy Football on your PlayBook - Here's how!
Football season is just a few
short long weeks away, and fans everywhere are gearing up. One thing on my checklist is my fantasy football team -- I plan to stay on top of things this year and thankfully I can grab the Yahoo! Fantasy Football app for my BlackBerry PlayBook. To get the app installed you'll have to sideload it since it's not available directly in BlackBerry App World, but it's working like a champ for me thus far and is sure to be at my side all seaon long.
If you want to get Yahoo! or NFL Fantasy Football up and running on your BlackBerry PlayBook, just grab the .bar files here and here and keep reading for how to get it done!
Discuss more in the foums
NFL and Yahoo! Fantasy Football for the BlackBerry PlayBook
Loading from a Windows PC
Download and install the Java Runtime Environment suited for your PC
- Download and install the DDPB installer - Link
- Download any .BAR / .ZIP files already converted - Link
- On your PlayBook, turn on Develpment Mode from Settings > Security (remember your password!)
- Connect your BlackBerry PlayBook to your PC
- Open DDPB Installer that you just downloaded
- Enter your the IP address of your PlayBook (found by tapping the Development Mode icon in your status bar) or click "Scan". Enter the password you chose, then click "Connect".
- Click the "Add" button and browse for the BAR file you want to install. You can find a list of available BAR files here.
- Click "Install".
- When the process is complete the application will be installed on your PlayBook.
View the full Windows PC tutorial
Loading from a Mac
- Make sure you Mac OS is up to date and then download the Playbook_Tools here.
- Unzip the files into your /user/ directory (The directory typically shows as your username - mine is "/adamzeis/". You can put them wherever you want, it's just easier this way).
- Move the files from the Playbook_Tools\lib\ folder to the Playbook_Tools directory.
- Put your BlackBerry PlayBook into Development Mode by going to Settings > Security Settings and note the IP address of your PlayBook. You'll also be required to enter a password here if you don't have one already. Don't forget your password!!
- Find the .bar file for the app you want to install (check our growing list in the forums). After downloading, move the .bar file into the Playbook_Tools directory
- Open the Terminal application on your Mac (found under Applications > Utilities > Terminal). Your Terminal screen will show something along the lines of: new-host-2:~ adamzeis$
- Type cd playbook_tools and press Enter. Terminal should now read something like: new-host-2:playbook_tools adamzeis$
- Type the following into Terminal: java -Xmx512M -jar BarDeploy.jar -installApp -device PLAYBOOK_IP -password PB_PASSWORD appname.bar Be sure to add in your PlayBook IP address, password and the name of the .bar file.
- Terminal will do it's magic and when it's done, your app will be ready to roll on your PlayBook
View the full Mac tutorial
Get Help and Discuss more in the CrackBerry Forums