While Facebook for BlackBerry 10 has received a few good updates as of late, we haven't seen much outside the Beta Zone for legacy devices. That all changes today as Facebook v4.1 is now available for devices running OS 5 to 7.1.
The update has in tow some long-awaited features including a refreshed profile design, photo tags and other enhancements.
Updates to v4.1 include:
- Easier Access to News Feed Filtering Options – Facebook 4.1 makes it even easier to access your News Feed Filters. You can now select Show All, Status Updates, Photos or Links directly from the Navigation List as well as from your BlackBerry Menu Key.
- Refreshed Profile Design – Facebook 4.1 has an exciting new look and feel for your Profile page. You’ll be able to view your cover photo, larger profile pictures plus there’s a new ‘more actions’ button that allows you to view another user’s cover photo in full screen mode.
- Set Your Profile Photo – With Facebook 4.1 you can easily change your profile photo using the BlackBerry Menu Key on your smartphone. Simply select a photo from an album, press the BlackBerry Menu Key and select ‘Set As Profile Picture’.
- Photo Tags – Facebook now allows you to view multiple photo tags in your News Feed. You can see the profile names for up to two people tagged with your photo. For three or more people tagged with your photo, the number of people tagged will be displayed. You can then click on this to find out who’s been tagged.
- Additional Improvements – Facebook 4.1 provides a fix for notification clearing and the issue of receiving multiple, duplicate friend requests.
Facebook is available as a free download and version 4.1 should be appearing over the next 24 hours in BlackBerry World, so if you're not seeing it yet just check back later.